~ Pages ~

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday


This weeks memory verse:



Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,



who walk according to the law of the Lord.




Blessed are they who keep to his statutes,


who seek him with all their heart.



Psalm 119:1-2



I've decided that each week I want to learn a hymn, or at least one verse of one. On Sundays, I'll post which one I'm going to learn each week, and give some information about the hymn. This week I'm learning " A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" written by Martin Luther in 1529. He was born in November 10, 1483 in Eisleben, Germany, and he died on February 18, 1548. Later, in 1853, Frederic H. Hedge translated it from German to English. Martin Luther also wrote several other hymns; I'll probably tell more about him when we celebrate Reformation Day in October.


Martin Luther




Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea, sarah! I'll be looking forward to see which hymns you learn...

Anonymous said...

sorry, iforgot to sign my name up there.. it's shelbi :)