~ Pages ~

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers' Day!

Sorry that this is a bit late, we were gone all day yesterday and I didn't have a chance to post. Our daddys are special in many ways, and one of the ways that they're special, is that they're protectors. In the the past (and in the present), my daddy has not allowed me to go certain places, or do certain things. Recently, I asked him if it was because of trust, and he said, "don't ever think its about trust". Daddy said that sometimes people say something we don't need to hear, or show us something we don't need to to see before we can stop them, and bad things normally stay in our memory for a LONG time. Even when our parents do trust us, every time that someone wants us to do something wrong with them, it's harder to say no. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says, "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" Even though sometimes I don't quite understand, I know that Daddy is much older and wiser than I am, and knows how to provide for, take care of, and protect me better than I could do by myself.

No comments: